Monday, November 10, 2008

What a Buck!

Okay, to those of you women who's husbands watch those insanely annoying hunting videos, bare with me here. I know you have probably listened in on a few of them and may have actually watched them a little also. And who knows, maybe you enjoy them. (I honestly don't see how you could. Anyways ... ) When you read this post - you must pretend that you are up in a tree stand looking out over a field with a few deer in it. While freezing your ass off! That is a must. And the camera man is hunkered on a stand above you. Okay, here we go. Whispering begins ...

Okay folks. It's a cool brisk afternoon. Today is me and my wife's ten year anniversary. And just like on our wedding day, here I am in a stand in Keith's woods. I came out this morning and got a little deer. It took off running and when I found it, the coyotes had already gotten to it. So we'll count that a loss and wait out that beautiful buck that I keep seeing on my field cameras. (Are you still whispering?)

I think this photo was taken at my grandparent's.

Well, I picked my boy up from school and were's sitting out here in Keith's back 40 in my new double tree stand. Today is Rylin's first ever deer hunting. He was real ... oh, wow. I just saw the neatest turkey with it's chest puffed up go a strutting through about 30 yards in front of me. Wow, that was neat. Anyways, so Rylin was real excited to come hunting with me, so excited that he fell asleep. So he missed the turkey. Darn. Oh, wait. Cool! There goes a 'coon waddling through the brush pile. Darn, Rylin missed that, too. That buck better come soon. It's getting dark. I'll have to get down soon 'cause my wife is cook'n Tater Tot Casserole for supper.
LOL. You can stop whispering now. Dumb ... I know. Just had to humor the hunters.

Here's Rylin all decked out and ready to go hunting for his first time. Or should I say decked out to go take a nap in the woods? Regardless, he had a fun afternoon with his daddy.

Thought this was a pretty pic. You don't see too many of these poses. I think Lee said the buck is marking the tree with his scent. This is the same deer as above.

This buck is hanging out in our field out back. I'm hoping to tag this one come shotgun season. Last year was my first year hunting. Yes, I was about 6 months pregnant. So the tree stand should be a little more tolerable this year! Wish me luck!

P.S. Lee did get one this morning. Roasts and burger are on the way!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a hunter's wife also and man was that story spot on!!! I guess if you can't beat em' ya join em'!!!
Kendra and Colin love to dear hunt....when they can stop talking long enough : )
Awesome pics.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I guess I meant "deer" hunt. Hee hee.

DeAnn said...

Looks like fun! The photos of the deer are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I have a couple of deer videos you can watch if you have Lee's memorized. Megan loves them as well.

B