Last Friday (11/21) my cousin Leo did not have school. Lee had taken the week off to go deer hunting. So early that morning ... after not getting up when the alarm went off ... Lee headed out to get Leo and they went hunting. Lee didn't get anything, but Leo got this MASSIVE 6 POINT. I think Lee was pretty proud of him. I know Leo was proud of his first deer of the season! (Sorry for the little photo. I couldn't get it any bigger.)By the way ... I did go hunting over the weekend. Lee and I went Saturday morning. It was only about 15 minutes and we had several does come near us. Too far for me to be comfortable with shooting. I'm thinking they were at least 100 yards away. (We've practiced shooting at around 60 yards.) Lee got a doe ... which took off. Then here came a buck. I shot ... and missed. Then a few minutes later Lee shot it. So we waited a bit then got down. Lee had to finish off the buck and we started tracking the doe. After a LONG walk in my 15 pound cinder block boots we called it quits and didn't find her. We went back and brought in the buck. And Leo ... Lee says his buck closely compares to yours. Hats off to both of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment