Tuesday, November 11, 2008

19" Spread with 8 Points

(Written be Lee)


Well, after the first day of freezing temperatures, the deer were moving. Just before dark, this guy walked within range and as you can see, he ended up taking a trip with me back to the house.


19-inch spread with 8 points. He's not the biggest in the woods, but he's not the smallest either. I'm glad to get him before shotgun season since the deer tend to be a little edgy after being shot at for a few days.


I have to send out a special thanks to Mike and Lauren for helping me track him down. You cannot tell from the picture, but he was not leaving a good blood trail to follow until we got within 40 yards of him. He probably ran about 120 yards or so before going down. With the location being remote, the drag back to the truck was not that pleasant. Thanks again Mike for helping drag and Lauren for leading the way with the lights! Next time we'll get the 4-wheeler to help out.
LK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Way to go!!! Impressive spread!!!

DeAnn said...

Congrats! Pretty impressive...I'm enjoying your guest entries even though I'm far from being a hunter or hunter's wife.