Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Leprechaun Trap

Part of Rylin's homework last week was to make a leprechaun trap. We sat down and talked about how he wanted it and then I sketched it all out. But it had to meet his approval, and it did. He was a little upset about it because I was leaving for the weekend. I am usually the one that helps the kids with their projects, so we agreed to explain everything to Daddy. He was okay with that. We gave Daddy the drawing along with a list of items to get at the store. Grandma Lybarger gave him a shoebox. I promised him it would turn out great. And it did.
There is a trap door in front of the rock. When the leprechaun steps on it, he will fall through and be caught. We glued the couch down so he couldn't move it to climb out.
I was proud of both of them. They did a really good job. Rylin said he had fun doing the project with Daddy. I'm glad they worked on it together ... quality time.
Dorothy on the other hand was right in the middle of everything while I was trying to take pictures. Nosey cat! She looks like hunting for that little leprechaun ... her eyes are green!

No comments: