Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Scarlatina (Scarlet Fever)

From what I have discussed with the doctor, Megan and Brenda I am guessing that Rylin has Scarlatina which I believe is the same as Scarlet Fever. He is feeling much better today and will be going to school tomorrow. I think he was disappointed that he has not had a fever all day!


This is something totally new to me.
I didn't know you could get this with Strep Throat.
To read more about it click here:
It's weird to think that a simple call to the doctor for some antibiotics will cure my son. Laura Ingalls surely had several family members and friends die from this same thing! How sad.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Yep! That would be Scarlet Fever. Emma had it when she was 20 months old. Started as strep throat which we didn't know she had because she couldn't tell us she hurt.

Many in the 1800's died of it because of no antibiotics to kill it.

Thank God for advancements in medicine.

I love you, Rylin!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better and can go back to school.
We love you Rylin
Grandma Jenny & PaPa C