I received a wake-up call around 8:00am Saturday morning by my father-in-law wondering if we were up and at 'em yet. The poor man had been sitting in the drive way since 5:30am! I guess he drove during the night, got in town around 4:00am and ate at the Red Rooster. I got on to him about not calling. He said he was pleased to watch the sun come up and he didn't want to wake us that early. Men! LOL If only all men were that thoughtful. If any of you have met Papa Ron, you understand what a gentle, loving man he is. Very considerate of others. So he knew that a phone call to the house could have woken up five people instead of just one to let him in the door. I told him we could've made an acception!! Anyways, we were all very glad to see him and smother him with hugs. He was glad to be smothered.



I made a couple of bags of popcorn Sunday night before putting the kids to bed. Of course by the time I could sit down to join them ... it was gone. I guess when you're a mom you try to get used to that. You know ... you make a nice meal for your family, or a special treat and when you finally get to sit down to attempt to eat your own plate of food ... it's cold, everyone else has already eaten and is leaving the table, or it's time to go somewhere and you shove as much as you can in your mouth while swallowing it whole and head out the door. Know what I mean? Anyways, after the popcorn was gone, I did enjoy the world's smallest ice cream cone with them. It was filled with peanut butter ice cream from the great Chilly Willy's. Yum!
1 comment:
What a great suprise for you guys - and I have learned that if you want to eat a hot meal with the rest of the family just hide the food in the oven until the very last minute! LOL
Post a Comment