Monday, September 8, 2008

HP Camping

This past weekend I went to a place in Indiana called Hidden Paradise Campground. I wouldn't exactly call it paradise, but it was a lot of fun. We had nice weather. It barely rained, but it could've been a little warmer. There were nine of us that went. All girls. We assembled four tents, a gazebo, and camped near the river.

Down by the river.

We mainly sat around the fire, talked, played card games, ate, drank, and were merry. Some a little more "merry" than others! Some put on fake tattoos (which really turned some heads at Cracker Barrel on our way home!). Five of us did go down to the quarry to swim. They had a trampoline in the water along with several other floating things that you really shouldn't try to conquer when your over thirty four and totally out of shape. We were all worn out, but it was fun and we felt like we were little kids again. Once the heavy breathing started we realized we were not eight! We had to get out and relax.

Melissa cooking the chicken and taters.




I think a good time was had by all. I know I'm looking forward to the next trip we take!

ABSOLUTELY!

I chose Kid Rock to sing for this post due to the fact that the Jack Black song we heard quite often over the weekend would REALLY not be appropriate for most of my viewing audience to listen to. I'll post more pics when I get them from the girls.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I want to go back already!