Monday, September 8, 2008

Pink Eye

When Rylin got up this morning I noticed him rubbing his left eye. So I took a look at it and wondered if he had Pink Eye. The white in his eye was bloodshot and it was a little crusty around the edges. I went ahead and got him ready and told him that we would go to the office and see what the ladies thought. I also explained that if they thought it was Pink Eye that he would come home with me. SO ... we get to the office and the secretary says that she thinks he is fine. Rylin's shoulders sank and his head fell forward. He was so disappointed and tried REALLY hard not to cry. Bless his little heart! So I walked him to his class room and the tears and panic mode started. Once in the classroom he fell to the floor, wrapped his arms and legs around my leg and cried and cried. I wanted to whisk him up, take him home and snuggle him all day. But ... I had him stand up, had a little chat, and left him crying with his teacher. Ugh!

I know this stems from me being away for the weekend. And remember, Lee is also gone. So I can totally understand why the little guy threw a fit. Addisen had a Girl Scout meeting after school, so to kiss up to Rylin ... I took him to Chilly Willy's. While he was eating his ice cream cone he said he was sorry that he cried this morning. I told him it was okay and that I understood why he was feeling a little sad. He said, "I tried to trick you, but it didn't work."

When we got home and I went through his back pack I found a picture he drew at school today. He said it was a picture of him with Pink Eye. He also said he wasn't finished with it yet. He needs to add a drawing of me saying "Go to school!" He is so funny!

Sorry for the pencil marks. I had to put those on so that it would scan correctly. I'll post the finished drawing if he ever gets it done. I love the pink eye and the blue eye.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I am glad he is good and doesn't have pink eye!

jodi said...

Glad he doesn't have pink eye, isn't that feeling of leaving them crying just aweful? It just makes your heart melt.

Lori said...

I'm glad he doesn't have pink eye, too. I did put a drop of medicine in before school and before bed. Yes, Jodi ... leaving them crying is not fun. Today was all good though!