Our favorite little kitty has had a BIG week! Sunday evening he went outside as usual to do whatever it is he does all night. I'm guessing he does some wandering around. He woke me up around 3am crying his little heart out at the back door. I jumped up to see what was going on and let him in. He came in with a limp in his step. I picked him up and looked at his leg. Blood...not good. After I woke up Lee and we examined Tommy - we thought he had been shot. Yes, shot. Poor Tommy. Thanks to the snow it was not bleeding much.

So, we got him settled and went back to bed. I called the vet first thing Monday morning and took him in. After being examined, she said he had for sure been shot and that it shattered the two bones in his leg (front right). Amputation was a must. She started him on pain medication and antibiotics. He had his leg removed (at the shoulder)on Tuesday afternoon and I picked him up on Wednesday after getting the kids from school.


Tommy was glad to be home, but a little skittish. He slept on the dryer as usual and is really having no problem at all getting around. Still jumping on the top of the recliner to sit with me and Kamdyn at feeding time. Still following me around. The only thing different I have noticed is that he doesn't want to go outside. Can you blame him? The vet said he will adjust and will pretty much be able to do everything a normal cat would do. I'm sure once his hair grows back he will look more "normal", too!
Over all he is doing well. The vet said she was sad to see him leave because he is such a good kitty. I'm really glad he's okay.
4 comments:
Tommy you will get well real soon with such a loving family. Shame on the sorry so and so who shot you. Grandma Jenny
Oh, poor Tommy!
Poor Tommy at least you are still in good spirits. You can tell he is loved a lot. He does look funny without his leg. I was not expecting it to be that high up. Take care Tommy!
Take care Tommy, thank goodness you have such a loving family.
Post a Comment