Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Moment of Mourning

We recently got new book shelves for the living room. We have unpacked almost all of the boxes with books. (A couple are still blocked by other things.) Anyhoo, now I have been unpacking my framed photos. I came upon a couple little photo albums and as I was admiring all the cute little babies and toddlers (who now range in age from 6 to 14) I saw a photo that made my heart stop. Sigh ... the Raider ... all dressed up and no where to go. Sigh ... here she is ...

Isn't she beautiful?

I absolutely LOVED this vehicle! I had SOOO much fun with the Raider. As well as A LOT of other people. It was great for mud'n and that happened a lot! Never once got pulled out and we got into some pretty deep stuff. Good for long hauls, moving, towing, snow plowing, refrigeration, road trip'n (we won't mention how many times that happened), camping, sleeping, you name it. It was awesome! Believe it or not it would hold at least 11 people. LOL! From the front to the back, inside and out, from the Incline-O-Meter to the "Oh shit" handles ... she kicked ass! She has been gone for so many years, but still holds that special place in my heart!

Those who knew her - knew her well. She was respected and loved. But, you know how things go. You get married, have kids and some things just gotta go. (Sniffle) I'm really wishing I would've stuck to my guns.

Sigh ...

I miss you Darth Raider.

6 comments:

Megan said...

If I had a million dollars I would find the "Darth Raider" for you and buy it. Just always no that some day you will have another one just like it.

jodi said...

That is great - I too had a special ride(that i should have kept): her name was Black Beauty. It was a 1985 Chevy Cavalier z-24 hatchback!...yeah I know you're jealous. That car would go anywhere and everywhere with everyone! TOO FUN!

DeAnn said...

I wish I could've see The Raider in person! I have no doubt that it saw some good times in its' day.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...wasn't she a pretty beast. I definitely have fond memories....although I do think she got stuck only once...that was your brother's fault NOT hers ;) I too loved that Raider!

Lori said...

Yes, I believe you're right. That was a Rafe Town right? Ahhh, those were the days!

Anonymous said...

I don't know where it was....maybe too many BEERS?!?!

I do remember being PIST at Leon for passing out in the back after he got us stuck, while the rest of us had to wade through the mud to find someone to pull us out...not one of his more shining moments....good thing I forgave him ;)