Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Resolutions

I've been inspired by my "me love you long time" friend from The Crazy Life to post my New Year's Resolutions. I shouldn't really call them resolutions due to the fact that these are some of the things I try to do anyways. You know, be a better person. So, maybe by posting them for the public to read I will be held accountable and enforce them better. So, here it goes ...
  • PATIENCE - Patience is something I struggle with almost every day. Patience with myself, my husband, my children, my pets, etc. Everyone struggles. I find that I have more patience with my family than with other people. Therefore, patience with others is often my biggest feat. Why? Mainly because I cannot stand when people do things for show. You know ... to do better, to look better, to out buy, the "look what I have, look what I did" kind of people. Can't stand it! So I have decided to let them do it, let them have it, keep my comments to myself and sit back and enjoy the show.
  • ORGANIZE - This year I want to strive to be more organized. I don't like to feel rushed, frazzled, confused, misunderstood, late for things, etc. I would like to have a more organized home, schedule, and every day life. Mainly so that I have more quality time to spend with my family and friends. Stop putting things off until later. Be more relaxed. Less stress for my kids.
  • PAY IT FORWARD - I would like to try to help others in need and expect nothing in return. Sometimes that is really hard to do. I think we all should work on this. Do a good deed for the satisfaction of helping others (not for what you will get in return) and hope that they do the same. Pay it forward.
  • HEALTH - I am going to try really hard to be more active. Especially when the weather cooperates. Before I got pregnant with Kamdyn I would like to think I was highly active. I would ride my bike all over town with the kids in the trailer behind me. Go walking or just "play" more with the kids outside. I'll use the excuse of being pregnant to explain why I got lazy. But, not pregnant anymore! So I better get busy! My friend DeAnn at Life is Good has made it her goal to lose some weight. I'm hopping off the couch along with her to shed some pounds. Eating more healthy goes along with exercise, so that's in the plans, too. Not only for me, but for my family, too.

So ... there you have it. Pretty basic but sometimes it's the basic stuff that we slide with the most. I guess the whole point would be to have respect and consideration for yourself and for others and live life to the fullest.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Awww...Thanks for all of the friendly support on my latest goal. I truly appreciate and wouldn't be able to do it...you guys keep me motivated. Hopefully it's for the long haul.

Your resolutions...are something we all need to work on. I'm finding that once you start one of them and have success the others start falling into place. To the new year!