Sunday, January 16, 2011

Union Station/Union Pacific Train Yard

Lee promised to take Rylin to a train yard after leaving Mark & Ann's. Boy was this child's wish gonna come true. He was in Heaven! Loved every minute of it. AND we went to Union Station. He was just amazed at the building, the photos, and the thought of what this place used to be. So were the rest of us. (Ann ... we will be having a day at Union Station the next time we visit.)

This is where we entered Union Station.

Model Train layouts ... right up our alley.

Hey ... I've seen them before!

The ceiling in Union Station. I wanted to lay on the floor and just stare at it. lol This photo does no justice for it. It was beautiful.

This was once used to pull the luggage carts.
We caught this little yard switcher moving boxcars around.

To the average person this train bridge is no big deal. But for my son, it sure puts a sweet smile on his face and a sparkle in his eyes.
Part of the switch yard. I accidentally deleted the better pic, but it will be a nightmare loading it on blogger and trying to get it down here where I want it. Maybe I'll stick it on it's own post.
A pusher.
A quite beautiful train bridge.
Lee and Rylin say it raises up and down over the river. Well, it used to back in the day. There are no longer rails that meet up to the bridge.
And we're assuming that the local homeless people have quite the view of the river from this comfy spot! lol
We had a wonderful time exploring.

1 comment:

The Knaup's said...

I love Union Station!!! Looks like you guys had a great time!