Well I'm sure you have heard the saying "When it rains ... It pours!" It seems to be pouring at our house this week. And I discovered the three key steps to feeling like an idiot. Two in one day! Get comfy ....
Last week the Suburban died on me. In the middle of the road. While making a turn. It was 90* outside. I had four kids with me. FIVE people drove by and looked at me. One was a UPS driver that kept on truck'n while I was straining trying to push my little white bus to the side of the road to get my family out of harm's way. No one came to my rescue. And I had 20 minutes to get the kids to a sitter's and me to a doctor appointment. So, with me not owning a cell phone (I know ... crazy, huh?) I made the kids stay in the extremely hot car while I went across the road to knock on a door to use someone's phone. Thankfully the kind lady let me use her phone so that I could call my sweet husband, tell him what happened and listen to him HUFF on the phone. He borrowed a minivan from a friend/coworker (THANK YOU KATHY!) and came to our rescue. I got the kids where they needed to be and myself to my appointment on time. WHEW! Lee walked to the car dealership where we get repairs done. So they drag the Suburban back to the shop and give us a car to drive. A CAR? Hello! We are a family of five and I have a nephew with me most of the time. UGH! We make the car work. SO ... Friday the repair shop calls. Good news & Bad news. Good news = they can order the part on Tuesday and fix it later that week. Bad news = quote of "somewhere around $800. HUH?!!!!!!!!!! (Whaaaaaa!)
My cousin Leo stayed with us a few days/nights. Love having that kid around. Of course there are the times I have to say "LEO! Don't teach them that!!!" But, God love him! He mowed the whole yard for us, played with the kids outside and helped me get some stuff done. And Kamdyn absolutely LOVES him. "Weo, weo, weo!" That's all we hear when Leo and Kamdyn are together!
Saturday Rylin turned SEVEN! So hard to believe! We messed around the house doing yard work and the kids played in the little wade pool and sprinkler. I got a pretty bad sunburn and it was starting to hurt. (Step one of feeling like an idiot!) We thought we would surprise Rylin by taking him to the Clay County Speedway. BIG mistake. TOO LOUD! And I felt like an idoit for not realizing that and taking ear plugs. (Step two of feeling like an idiot!) The kids were free but 13 and older were $20 EACH! WHAT? So for $60 Lee and Leo had a great time watching the races. The kids and I had fun playing on the playground (in the dark) at Charlie Brown Park and sleeping in the car for at least an hour! We'll just say ... lesson learned.
Sunday went well. We got up and around and went to church in Wendelin. Lee and Kamdyn stayed and visited with my Grandpa while we took Grandma to church with us. Leo went home with his parents and we headed back to my grandparent's house. We had lunch and visited for a bit then headed into town for our little friend LONDYN's birthday party. She turned six! After that we returned home to our own little party for Rylin and he opened some gifts. More LEGOs, of course!!!
Monday we got up and moving and I had a comforter that needed washed. So I shoved it into the washer. It washed and was finished. I pulled out the massive beast to hang it on the line. A good sign that a comforter is too big for a washing machine is that it comes out ripped. So, out to the clothes line I went. Got it hung and came back in to pull the "filling" out of the washer. We went to an Amish store to get some goodies then to my Mom & Dad's. The kids went swimming. Addisen and Lee went fishing. Addisen 5, Lee 1. She was happy! We got to visit with Sarah & Jackson. After eating supper we returned home. I threw in a load of towels in the washer and set it to go. Okay, long story short. The towels didn't fully ring out. Set it again and now we have suds and the smell of something hot. Sigh. (Third time of feeling like an idoit.) Needless to say... my good friend Jim at Scherer's Repair will be here in the morning. More money to burn. : (
Sigh ...... so how was YOUR weekend? lol
Today (Tuesday) is a great day! We had three kiddos spend the night last night and they will be here most of the day. (Their mama is out helping a friend.) They all slept great and I got to sleep until almost 9am! Woo hoo! I had to wake Kamdyn up at 10am since he wasn't up yet. I'm not babysitting Jackson anymore and today is his first day not coming. Glad I got to see him yesterday 'cause I miss the little guy. The girls are playing and the boys are ... well, the boys are making each other cry. lol I thought girls were suppose to do that? lol
Looking forward to my Quilt Group tonight to get started on a Pinwheel Quilt. Hope you all have a great week. I'm outta here ... it's lunch time and my fingers are tired! Taa taa!
3 comments:
Wow, sorry you didn't get a chance to unload and share all that the other night. I guess I was just too involved in what I was trying to do which by the way isn't going so hot. Big SIGH!
Sometimes that's what blogging is for. A release. I'm sure your quilt will turn out great. :)
Ahhh Lori! i know how ya feel - when things start to fall apart it ALL goes to h#&@ quick!
Which inturn, is why I love to blog! Hang in there...I hope quilting class was good though!
Post a Comment