Their saddle racks.
Kamdyn was braver than I thought. He tried to pet every horse.
Simple. Sweet.
Look at my little guy. What a happy boy he was!
He sat up there all by himself.
Behind the kids you can see more of the LaLande units. I love that they are connected with a catwalk. The gather place is in front of the big rocks. There is a fire pit there as well.
Remember this guy? It's BIG JOHN!
My little cowboy.
This is the outhouse outside of the stabled.
This is LaLande.
One of the many tree house units. I stayed here when I went to camp back in 1985! Super excited that Addisen and I will hopefully be bunking in one of these units! Three walls, eight bunks, no electricity.
One of the many tree house units. I stayed here when I went to camp back in 1985! Super excited that Addisen and I will hopefully be bunking in one of these units! Three walls, eight bunks, no electricity.
Behind the kids you can see more of the LaLande units. I love that they are connected with a catwalk. The gather place is in front of the big rocks. There is a fire pit there as well.
Awe. A teeny tiny frog. But don't touch him! You'll kill him!
~ a certian Camp Ondessonk counselor got on to Lee while he was trying to catch one to show Rylin. lol "The oils on human skin will kill one of those little frogs in about a day." Poor froggies! Lee was more irritated at the girl with no personality vs the realization that he might hurt a frog.
We had a good HOT day there. We walked around, did a craft, rode a horse, ate lunch in the old mess hall and explored some treehouse units. We were separated from Lee & Rylin who went canoeing and participated in the archery program. Overall we had a fun day. But with Lee's knee acting up and the MRSA on my neck ... mom and dad were ready to hit the road!
Remember this guy? It's BIG JOHN! I really miss seeing him out at the Richland County Mall. Sure wish that place was actually a "mall"!
He needs a little maintenance .... but what man doesn't? lol


2 comments:
Thanks for the Camp O pictures. I stayed in those tree houses in the early 70's and COULD NOT remember their names. I still remember those days as a young child away from home for the first time---by myself.
Thanks for the memories
That's wonderful that you got to go! I remember it being SO much fun. Still have a scar on my right arm from getting stung by something right before we went canoeing! lol
Post a Comment