Sunday, July 10, 2011

More of Day 1

BEEF! It's what's for dinner!


Jenny cooked us a delicious meal of roast, carrots, onions and potatoes. With green beans and salad. It was YUMMY! And it wasn't just ANY beef. It was grass feed Angus from the hills of Boone, NC where Lee's aunt and uncle have a farm. E-I-E-I-O!
Check out their website. View the photos ... they're beautiful and sure make me miss the valley. If you leave a comment, tell Keith and Teresa you know their ratty niece and nephew!

After lunch we headed down the mountain to the Chimney Rock area. We left the boys at The Right Track to check out the trains.

The Right Track Toy Train Museum~owned by Peggy Keys. Peggy lost her husband to Pancreatic Cancer. She said he left her with a basement full of trains. A very LARGE collection of trains. She conceived the idea of opening a train museum as a way to make people aware of pancreatic cancer and to remember her husband by displaying his extensive collection. Lee and the boys had a wonderful time looking through everything. Rylin went on and on about how to push the buttons to make the different trains go.

Jenny, Addisen and I went to the little strip of shops. Time only allowed us to visit a few shops, but there were very interesting things to look at.

Hey, Brenda & Bobbi! Check. This. Out! The Redneck Wine Glass! HAHAHAHAHAHA!



See that little hump up there on the left?




Yeah, that one. That's Chimney Rock. Last time I hiked up there I was preggo with Rylin. It's a long way to the top. And not the best idea to go to such high elevation with child! lol But what a beautiful view from up there.




We met the boys at The Lake Lure Playground. Mountains all around. I love it.




The rock was nice and cool. Unlike the geek in the background with the cheesie smile. ; )




Awe ... Gma Jenny and Papa C.



Group photo!



It was so nice visiting with Jenny and Everette. We also got to visit a bit with Kent & Millie. A couple that Lee was always around "back in the day". It was really wonderful to see them. We had not seen them for about 10 years. I'm pretty sure it made Lee's day. Mine, too. {It was SO WONDERFUL to see you Kent and Millie!}



Thank you Jenny and Everette for your hospitality and smotherin the children with love. We love you!

3 comments:

Ann said...

very jealous!

BGndr said...

I love it!!!!

Kent Loud said...

Checked in to your Blog,Wonderful to see you and your beautiful family. Made our day also.Love you, Millie and Kent