Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gifts


My three favorite men.
The little man.

Gift #1: I woke up this morning in my husband's arms.
Gift #2: The kids have been playing nicely all morning and I got to doze off and on until 8:45am.
Gift #3: My sweet Father-In-Law called and sang his quirky version of "Happy Birthday" to me. He always slips special wording in there. {Thank you Papa Ron.}
Gift #4: Approximately 4 inches of snow outside. I wouldn't exactly call this a gift, but as one of my friends put it ~ "Snow is God's way of telling us to slow down." So I take a deep breath and accept it.
Gift #5: I went on facebook this morning to be overwhelmed with birthday wishes. All ~62~ of them made my heart smile.
Gift #6: Above all I thank God for our health and our happiness, my family, my friends, and an awesome support system in our good times and bad. Life wouldn't be the same without family and friends. And we are blessed with many.

2 comments:

The Knaup's said...

Hope you have a wonderful day Lori, Happy Birthday!!!!

DeAnn said...

Well, I would say that this birthday is one to remember for many, many reasons! Looks like you have so much to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing...makes me stop to think about how lucky I am as well. Glad that we're able to share some of that with you and your family.