Hello All ~
Hope everyone had a great weekend ... even though it rained most of the time. We had a much needed visit from Lee's parents. Gma Jenny and PaPa C arrived on Friday afternoon. We got to take them to the St. Joe book fair with us. Mrs. Potter was nice enough to let us in the school so that Addisen and Rylin could show Gma Jenny and PaPa C where they go every day. Then we headed off to El Rancherito for some yummy food!
Saturday we drug everyone to a nearby auction. I think each of us found something we thought we needed to take home. Fortunately we headed out before the rain came and escaped to be in debt for only a few cups of hot chocolate. Then we had a lazy afternoon here at the house.
Saturday evening Rylin and I headed to Wendelin to attend the celebration mass at Holy Cross for the students being confirmed. I was my cousin Leo's sponsor. He sure looked sharp in his suit! Of course he did though! With the Saint name of "Leo the Great" I would expect nothing less. I am so proud of him. Bishop Braxton concentrated on Leo the Great for several minutes during mass. Leo was so nervous, but did very well answering Bishop Braxton's questions. Boy did he release a deep breath as the Bishop turned and walked away! lol
Sunday Lee cooked us all breakfast! The whole bit ~ bacon, eggs, sausage, and cinnamon rolls. We all had full tummies and were ready for naps! lol Only Kamdyn was lucky enough to receive one of those. Addisen and I said our goodbyes to Papa C and Gma Jenny and we packed a snack bag and headed to Ozark, IL to attend the Open House at Camp Ondessonk. Gma Jenny and PaPa C left to return home in South Carolina in the afternoon. A short visit, but a good one.
I went to Camp Ondessonk two summers when I was in grade school. It is a Catholic based camp, but accepts anyone from any background/religion. What a step back in time for me. Most of it was exactly how I remembered it from 25 years ago. Yikes! I'm feeling old. Anyways, we got to take a 1/2 tour and hit some of the hot spots. When the tour was over we could roam around and basically do whatever we wanted. Our tour ended at the horse stables so the first thing Addisen wanted to do was take a ride. After her ride we headed to the craft center where she decorated a leather piece. Lots of banging!!! Then we hurried to the boating area and took a canoe out across the lake. She absolutely loved it. We even saw a white stork. That's what she says it was anyways. Overall we had a great day. Even though we were in the rain it was still a lot of fun. We plan on attending the Family Camp the end of June. I can't wait!
So that's how our weekend went. I'll try to get some pics posted in the next couple days. Hope you all had a great weekend as well! XOXO
2 comments:
We had a great weekend with all of you. I think it was the best visit ever. Rain and wind all the way to Renfro Valley, Ky where we stopped for the night. So glad you and Addisen had a good time at camp. It sounds like a lot of fun for everyone. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Grandma Jenny
Wow what a good weekend! How exciting for Addisen:)
Post a Comment