Sunday, January 10, 2010

Granny

Lucille
September 29, 1916 - January 9, 2010
Lee lost his Granny on Saturday. She had been living with Lee's dad for quite some time now. We had been waiting for the call due to health issues this past month. She lived just over 93 wonderful years. She always brightened the room with her explosive personality. She was a spunky little spitfire of a woman! Sweet as can be. Usually laughing about something or other. She sure enjoyed visiting with the kids when we would go visit.
I remember a story she told me years ago. We were looking at family photos and she paused on one of her father. She laughed and stated that she didn't know why he ever gave her a name. I grinned and ask why she would say such a thing. She replied, "He never called me by my name. He called me Loose Wheel!" And we both laughed and laughed.
Oh, Granny ... you are deeply missed.
May you rest in peace.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sorry for your loss, I hope you have safe travels and if there is anything I can do I am a phone call away.