Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fire! Fire!

We got a call last week that informed us that the Noble Fire Dept. was going to burn down the ran down house north of us on Sunday. It POURED down rain all morning and even HAILED on several occasions. We doubted that they would come to burn the house down. But sure enough ... "come hail or high waters" ... they rolled in around 1pm. We all threw on boots, rain coats and grabbed the umbrellas and walked down to watch. We had front row seats!




The kids got cold and Grandpa walked them back to the house. Lee and I stayed ... soaked backsides and all. It was neat to watch. My dad was a volunteer on the Olney Fire Dept. FOREVER! Memories filled my mind as I stood there and watched the house burn. If we (my brother and I) ever heard the fire whistle blow - we hurried like hell to make it to the truck in time to go with dad. There was only a few times when he said we couldn't go...that's when a house was on fire. He didn't want us to witness that. It was especially fun when we actually got to ride in the truck with him ... sirens, lights, the whole bit. Thanks for those memories dad!

Parker ... this post is for you!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your post of this! I'm still tryin' to figure out where around Noble this place is, as I lived here all my life!

Cheryl said...

Oh, ok..now I know where it is! Thanks

jodi said...

My Dad is a volunteer fireman at Louisville - we loved it when we got to ride in the parades in the trucks!

DeAnn said...

I just showed this to Gavin...he says he would have liked to see the house burn, but we had fun in St. Louis too. He also said "Lori takes good picturestoo!" I was just showing him the Pioneer Woman's fire pictures and then we looked at your fire pictures.