"Mooooooooooooooooom! I'm bored."
Bored children. {Sigh.} What to do. Clean your room? NO. Help with laundry? NO. Entertain your little brother? NO! Hmmm. They painted plaster ornaments for about 15 minutes. Once that was done they watched a Christmas movie. Then again .... WE'RE BORED. I had purchased a straw wreath and red and green fabric. I cut the fabric up and with little instruction they tackled the project and had A TON of fun! I had put Kam down for a nap, so they were not interupted. They giggled and joked and GOT ALONG. No fighting, not one time.
They helped each other.
And were very proud of their work!
And I am proud of them.
And of course the day was spent with a couple trips outside. For some reason I got pictures of the snow with the evidence of children playing. Just no pics of the children actually playing! Sorry! I'm guessing it is because I was in the kitchen baking cookies with a 2 year old. The two outside decided to build a snowman. In the ditch next to the road at the front of the house. Not the best decision, but "only one car went by". lol Ah, love the country life. As I was enjoying my short conversation via the telephone with Papa Ron, they decided it was time to come in. After a short bit of whining ... "Mooooooom, I'm cold." It quickly switched to the excited begging of "Oh! Can I have a cookie?!" Cookies and hot chocolate were had by all.
We truly enjoyed our snow day.
1 comment:
Such a good Mommy! Warm cookies out of the oven after playing in the cold snow! ♥
Great job on the wreath - it looks beautiful! And fun to make!
Post a Comment