Monday, November 1, 2010

Overview

Due to several requests for updated info on the ole blog ~ I felt the need to jot some info down. Our computer needs some sort of "card" replaced on it and I have yet to take it in. I will have a few days coming up with plenty of "down time", so I will try to update then. I do apologize to the out of towners who do not get to see us regularly.

Things have been quite busy lately. Here it is "bullet style":
~ Kamdyn and I visited a nearby pumpkin patch with some friends and Papa Ron.
~We had another great weekend at Camp Ondessonk with Addisen, my mom, my Aunt Louise, and two good friends Brenda & Kendra. We had a lot of fun. I even climbed through two split rock caves. That was interesting.
~School events and birthday parties.
~Cleaning out closets and taking boxes to resale shops & Salvation Army.
~Made and donated a small quilt for the St. Joe Smorg basket raffle. Aunt Gertrude won it!
~Cooked several meals for the new mothers of the church. Hats of to the Meals for Mom program!
~Papa Ron has been here for a wonderful visit. He headed home last Friday. We really miss having him here with us. He is a wonderful man. We are hoping he moves closer to us one of these days. (HINT-HINT RON!) Get a move on! '!'
~The kids have been exploring their backyard more lately. Venturing up and down the creek bed has proven to be a wonderful place to play and use their imagination!
~Halloween proved to be fun for us all. Some more than others! (wink-wink)
~November brings on the endless request for hunting. Hope that freezer is overflowing soon! Lee's got a week off to do some seriously deep thinking in the woods. I mean ... to try not to fall out of a tree stand. I mean ... to look for that BIG massive twelve point beauty of a buck so that he can hop down from that tree and pose and say "What a buck! Now that's a beauty!" Love him deerly!
~I've been sewing a lot lately. Several projects started. Tonight I will finish up three Munchkin costumes for the local highschool. They are presenting The Wizard of Oz in December.
~Came upon some old quilt blocks last week. I'll just say I was ridiculously excited to have them in my possesion!
~Ron also brought a quilt for me that has been in his family for a loooooooong time. Will try to get a pic of it on here as well. Thank you Ron!
~Today I get the pleasure of snuggling little Miss Piper. Her little coos, grunts and sighs floods me with newborn memories of my three. She is so precious. Will be bringing home her two older brothers with us after school. Don't get to see them much since "moving to the country" so I always enjoy the time we do share. They are a special family.

So, there's an overview. I will try to get some pics on here soon. Hope all you readers are doing well. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thanks for all that you do!